New blog for relinux

I have been working on the new relinux website for a bit (for a break of fixing OSWeaver bugs non-stop), and I have finally finished a basic blog for it. It’s still in alpha, but it should do the trick for now. URL of the website: Website was built with Jekyll, with bootstrap for the base CSS/JS (with my own additions, of course :P).

Here is a screenshot of the new website:

Let me know what you think of the new website (on the website, of course).

If I do not have any more issues with Jekyll or Github Pages, this might be the last post on this blog (all new posts will be posted on the blog)!


Random progress update

Most of my work now is slightly less public (under the “testing” branch of relinux), but nonetheless, there is still a lot of work getting done.ย  I’m spending nearly all my efforts working out the main OSWeaver module (the one that generates the ISO), and progress is going great. Compared to relinux 0.3, the speed of the SquashFS part (minus the SquashFS generation) is 2-3 times as fast (and this is on a dual-core VitrutalBox machine)! There are other things that are done too, such as Python3 support, a splash screen (which, IMHO, looks nice), and Unicode support.

Anyways, this means that if progress continues on going this well, relinux 0.4 should be done in a couple of weeks ๐Ÿ˜€

GUI Progress

Over the past few weeks, I have been working on a few different sections of relinux, but in the last week, I have really been focusing on the GUI. As it has a really old and motif-like look, I decided to retheme it a bit. I’m not 100% satisfied with the look, but at least it’s better ๐Ÿ™‚

(the orangeish “./relinux” actually has the mouse pointer over it, but my screenshot application doesn’t want to show it :/)

I am planning on adding a custom window titlebar (i.e. chromeless window), but I’m not sure if it will impact the speed too much.

Anyways, let me know what you think of this.

Development update

I have been extremely happy about the progress of relinux in the past few days, as relinux is getting hooked up really quickly! Though many personal issues prevented me from working on relinux for the past week, the two days I was able to program certainly made up for the many days I couldn’t.

On a side note, Ko Ye and I have been working on DNSing to Let us know what you think!

Plugin system is underway!

It was one of my ideas to make relinux 0.4 modular, and with the help ofย  the “imp” python module, a plugin system is now being developed!

This means that if you only want a certain module of relinux, you don’t have to install the whole program, you can just install that one module. It also means that any developers who want to write an extra part of relinux don’t have to maintain a fork; they just have to maintain their plugin.

As always, you can check the progress here:

Screenshots of development

I have been working on a couple of different projects over the last few days, but I have been able to make a few things for relinux, one of which is the configuration GUI:


As you can see, the layout is better than before. Also, everything got changed into widgets, so here are some of them:

Another thing I have worked on is a website for relinux 0.4:

Let me know what you think of these!

Update on progress

After 11 days of work, the core is finally done (though completely untested)! Now, we are at the stage of hooking everything up together, but I decided to work on the GUI a bit too.

Here is the current main window

And the auto-generated configuration tab:

As you can see, it is a bit messy, but that will get fixed later on.